Monday, May 30, 2011
Tiered Paper Candy Stand
1. Place a ruler on the diagonal of the bottom of a dessert plate. Draw 3 3/4-inch lines in the center, on the diagonal, in both directions. Center the top (mouth) of a cup on the endpoints and outline it.
2. Repeat process on the top of the dinner plate.
3. Draw 2 1/4-inch lines in the center of the top and bottom of the luncheon plate. Center the bottom of a cup on the endpoints and outline it.
4. Run a bead of hot glue on the bottom rim of a cup. Affix cup to the bottom of the luncheon plate. Run a bead of hot glue on the top rim of another cup. Affix to the bottom of the dessert plate.
5. Run a bead of hot glue on the top rim of the luncheon plate cup. Turn over and affix to the top of the dinner plate, making sure that the plates are square to each other.
6. Run a bead of hot glue on the bottom of the dessert plate cup. Affix to top of luncheon plate, making sure plate is square to the rest.
7. Fill the tiered treat stand: On bottom tier, place candy in candy cups. Place macarons on middle tier and a big red paper poppy on the top tier.