Friday, July 31, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
What are Candy Wrappers
Well,I'll tell you .. They are a unique way that my daughter Jennifer has come up with to wrap a 1.55 ounce size Hershey bar. Or any size or shape candy bar for that matter.
These are just 2 examples of the graphics you can choose from, she has many and she designs them all custom to your order.
What you are actually purchasing is the template and you can add any text that you fancy.
You can then print as many as you need, the only thing she asks it that you do not resell them or the digital file which they come on .
They are great for birthday party invites, baby showers, wedding, any occasion at all.
You can see more examples http://www.twocreativechicks.com/ and if you have any questions you can email her. She would be glad to help you with your order.
Take a look , I think you will be impressed.
1- 16 oz can refried beans
1 pound ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 corn tortillas
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
8 tablespoons sour cream
2 roma tomatoes chopped
2 green onions chopped
1 4 oz can dices green chilies drained
1/2 avocado diced
1 tablespoon black olives sliced
1. Heat the refried beans
2.In a large skillet, brown the ground hamburger and stir in seasoning packet
3.Preheat oven to 350
4. Place a small amount of vegetable oil in a large skillet,Let the oil heat then place one corn tortilla in the skillet. After 15 seconds, flip the tortilla over and it fry for another 15 seconds. Repeat this process with the remaining tortillas, letting them drain on paper towels once they have been heated. When the tortillas have been drained, arrange them on a cookie sheet.
5. Spread a thin layer of beans on the tortillas,followed by a layer of beef,and cheese.
6. Bake the tortillas in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Slice the tortillas into wedges and arrange then on plated or a serving platter and garnish them with the sour cream, tomatoes,green onions and chilies,avocado and olives.
This a great accompaniment to the Summer Breeze ribs. Oh yum this is going to be goood!!
3 pounds red potatoes, cut in 1 inch pieces
1 small red onion cut in wedges
6 cloves garlic minced
1 cup frozen whole corn
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1- 1oz envelope dry ranch salad dressing mix
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 stalk celery, bias sliced
3 hard cooked eggs peeled and chopped
1 avocado, halved,seeded,and chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh Italian parsley
1. Preheat oven to 425 Place potatoes, onion and garlic in a baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat. Roast uncovered 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and browned.
2. For dressing, in a large bowl whisk together mayonnaise,vinegar, salad dressing mix,and cayenne pepper. Add roasted vegetables:toss to coat. Stir in celery,eggs and avocado. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm or chilled.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
With all the traveling we are doing this summer, these helpful hints might help.
Overpacking can really harm your health. Last year there were more that 53,000 visits to the ER for luggage related injuries around the holidays accoriding to the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission.
1. Choose wheeled luggage that right for you height. You shouldn't have to bend dowm to pull the handle .
2. Use a backpack instead of a shoulder bag for your carry-on.
3. Lift luggage with both hands, and bend at the knees.
4. Before grabbing your luggage, do a quick stretch=especially if you've been sitting in a car or on an airplane for a long time. Extend your hands high aboue your head,then bend down slowly and try to touch your toes.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 16 oz jar taco sauce
1 16 oz container sour cream
1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
1 1 oz taco seasoning
1 16 oz package shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 tomato cubed
2 green onions sliced
1 2 oz can of sliced black olives
1. Crumble ground beef in a large,deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, mix in the taco sauce and set aside.
2. In a large bowl,mix the sour cream, cream cheese and taco seasoning mix. spread the mixture into a medium serving dish .
3. Layer the sour cream mixture with beef mixture,cheddar cheese and lettuce. Top with tomato, green onions and black olives.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
This drink is so refreshing, for these hot summer days.There is no alcohol in this, hence the name"Mock".
2 cups orange juice , chilled
1 cup unsweetened white grape juice chilled
1 cup reduced calorie cranberry juice
1 1- liter bottle diet lemon lime carbonated beverage, chilled
2 cups assorted fresh fruit, such as oranges cut into wedges,thinly sliced lemon and or limes,pineapple wedges,seedless grapes,sliced and peeled peaches and last but not least strawberries halved.
Fresh mint sprigs
In a large bowl or pitcher, stir together chilled orange juice, White grape juice,and cranberry juice.
Add the lemon-lime drink, stir gently. Fill each of 10 glasses about two thirds full with ice . Divide fruit among glasses. Pour juice mixture into glasses. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
Makes 10 6 ounce servings.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
2 feet of clear plastic tubing with a 1/4 inch inner diameter
3 inches of clear plastic tubing with a 3/8 inch inner diameter (sold in most hardware stores)
Ruler and scissors
Tiny beads or glitter and water
1. To make each bracelet, cut 8 inches long piece for the 1/4 inch tubing and cut 1 inch length from the 3/8 inch tubing(for a fastener) Slide both ends of the 8 inch tube into the fastener, and have your child try on the bracelet for fit, If it's too big, take it apart and trim to size, remembering that it will need to slip over the hand.
2.Remove one end of the bracelet from the fastener. Use a finger to stopper one end while your child drops in tiny beads or pieces of glitter-or anything shes likes that fits in the tube and can be submerged in water.
3. When she's done, slowly fill the tube with water,leaving several inches of air so it has room to move. Carefully slide the free end into the fastener as far as it will go. This should create a snug fit that won't come undone without a good tug.
Cute, Huh? Let me know how this turns out for you .
Thursday, July 16, 2009
As soon as you get a stain,flush it with cold water, and then apply a portable stain stick. Once you are at home, here's a cheat sheet for the most common confusers.
Stain: Coffee or tea
Solution: Douse with water:apply white vinegar. Any remaining blotch is likely milk or sugar:apply a stain stick and let sit. Wash as usual.
Solution: Hold an ice cube onto the offender and crack off what you can. Apply a stain remover like Carbona, let sit, then rinse in cold water. Wash as usual.
Solution: Soak in 1:1 vinegar/water mix, then spritz with diluted liquid dishwashing soap. Scrub and rinse.
Solution: Apply stain stick and let sit for 30 minutes. Hand wash in cold water, then machine-wash.
Solution: Douse in cool water to remove as much of the stain as possible. Apply stain stick, let sit, then wash.
Stain: Ballpoint ink
Solution: Apply glycerin , then rinse in cold water. Apply liquid dishwashing detergent and rinse. Repeat until the offender is gone