Here is the main course to your slow cooker night.
1 1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup lime juice
3 garlic cloves chopped
1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
1 large onion chopped
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
12 packaged tostada or hard taco shells
3/4 cup refried beans
1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
1 cup Mexican blend cheese
3/4 cup salsa
1. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place 3 tablespoons of the lime juice, the garlic ,jalapeno,onion,chili powder, cumin and cayenne in a slow cooker. Place beef on top and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours.
2. Remove beef to a cutting board and when cool enough to handle,shred with fingers or using two forks. Place shredded beef in a large bowl.
3. Strain remaining liquid in slow cooker over a bowl or measuring cup,discarding solids. Add strained liquid and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice to beef in bowl and stir to combine. Cover: keep warm.
4. Warm tostadas shells and heat refried beans
5. Spread beans on shell and 1/3 cup beef . Top with lettuce, cheese and salsa.