- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Topping, if desired:
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Chocolate Coating and Candy Topping, if desired:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- Crushed peppermint candy canes, if desired
- Betty Crocker® colored sugar or decors, if desired
- Holiday candy sprinkles, if desired
In medium bowl, mix graham cracker cookie ingredients until well mixed. Divide dough in half; cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 8 hours.
In small bowl, mix topping ingredients; set aside.
Heat oven to 350°F. On floured surface, roll out half of the dough at a time to 12x9-inch rectangle 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 12 squares, 4 rows by 3 rows. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Prick with toothpick or fork to look like holes in graham crackers.
Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until very lightly browned and slightly firm to the touch, rotating cookie sheets halfway through to ensure even baking. Repoke holes as necessary while warm. Cool on pan 1 to 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack; cool completely.
In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons of the shortening uncovered on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. In another small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips and 2 teaspoons of the shortening uncovered on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. Dip half of each cooled cookie into one of the melted coatings. Decorate as desired. Place on waxed paper until set.