- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2cups packaged peeled baby carrots, halved, if large
- 1 cup cubed peeled sweet potato (1 medium)
- 1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1/2cup sliced celery (1 stalk)
- 1/2cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 8 1/2ounce pouch cooked long grain and wild rice
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
1. Arrange chicken in a shallow roasting pan. In a large bowl, combine carrots, sweet potato, onion, celery, 1/4 cup of the broth, sage, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, arrange vegetables around chicken in pan. Brush chicken with liquid remaining in bowl.
2. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F) and vegetables are tender, stirring vegetables twice. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; cover to keep warm. Add rice, parsley, and remaining 1/4 cup broth to pan; stir to combine. Return to oven; cook about 5 minutes or until rice is heated through. Serve rice mixture with chicken. Makes 4 servings.