- 1 pound chicken, washed and cut into 8 serving pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup snipped fresh sage or parsley
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 eggs
- Peanut oil for frying
- Small fresh sage leaves
- Lemon wedges
1. Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, 2 to 4 hours.
2. In bowl combine flour, the 12 cup herbs, and pepper; set aside. In shallow dish whisk together eggs and milk. Dip chicken in egg mixture then coat with flour mixture. Repeat.
3. In deep 12-inch skillet add oil to depth of 1 inch (oil will rise as chicken is added.) Heat oil to 350 degrees F over medium-high heat.
4. Gently lower four chicken pieces at a time into hot oil, (oil may spatter). Cook 14 to 16 minutes, turning after 8 minutes, or until brown and crisp and chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F for breasts, 180 degrees F for thighs). Oil temperature will drop when chicken is added; adjust heat as needed to maintain oil temperature at 325 degrees F. Drain chicken on wire rack or paper towels. Place in preheated 300 degree F oven while frying remaining chicken. To serve, top with sage leaves