These are some tips from a security expert on how to reduce the chances of a break-in. With summer vacations coming up soon ,it might be a good idea to make a check list of these items. According to the Burglary Prevention Council, July is peak season for break-ins. This check list was published by Anndee Soderberg of ADT Security Services .
1. Put indoor lights on a timer(available at hardware stores) and install motion-detecting outdoor floodlights.
2. Trim bushes to make your house more visible.
3. Cut back tree branches near windows:thieves may climb them to gain access.
4. Have a neighbor get your mail and paper.
5. Keep your curtains slightly open so it appears as if someone's home.
6. Lock all windows and doors, especially the deadbolts.
7. Leave a car in the driveway.
Hope these tips help you have more peace of mind on your next vacation.