Wednesday, June 17, 2009
A Treat for the Man in your life
With Father's Day just around the corner, I thought that I would give you an idea for his special dinner. I don't know too many men that don't like meat, even if it's on a salad. This dish only contains 9 grams of total fat , and 224 calories so it's healthy also .
You'll need :
1/2 teaspoon lime peel
1/3 cup lime juice
3 tablespoons water
4 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced
12 ounces beef flank steak
2 tablespoons powdered fruit pectin
2 tablespoons honey
6 cups salad greens
2 small tomatoes cut in wedges
1 small avocado
1. In a jar combine lime peel, lime juice 3 tablespoons water and olive oil. Shake well. Pour half of the lime juice mixture into a small bowl;stir in onion and garlic. Reserve remaining lime juice mixture.
2. Score the beef and place in a plastic bag with the remaining lime juice mixture. Marinate in the frig for 24 hours
3. For dressing , in a small bowl gradually stir 3 tablespoons water in the fruit pectin;stir in reserved lime juice mixture and honey. Cover and chill for 24 hours
4. Drain beef and grill on the rack of an uncovered grill. Allow 12 to 14 minuted for medium.
5. To serve, thinly slice beef across grain. Arrange the greens,tomatoes, and avovado on a salad plate .. Top with beef.Drizzle each serving with about 2 tablespoons dressing .
This recipe will serve 4 people.
Hope he enjoys this !!!