Oh My! These look yummy!!
1 tsp ketchup
1 tsp Dijon mustard
4 large hot dogs
1/2 ounce cheddar cheese cut into long sticks
2 tablespoon chopped onions
1 cup refrigerated sauerkraut drained and chopped
4 slices bacon
4 long hot dogs
1. Prepare your grill for direct high heat
2. Mix together the ketchup and mustard in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the sauerkraut with the chopped onion and set aside. Slice open the hot dogs, sown the center, lengthwise, forming a deep pocket in each,but not cutting all the way through. Coat the inside of each hot dog with the mustard and ketchup mixture.
3. Place a strip of cheese deep within the pocket of each hot dog. Top with sauerkraut and onions. Encapsulate the cheese at the ends with the sauerkraut mixture as well, so that no cheese is exposed.
4.Wrap a strip of bacon around each stuffed hot dog,securing with a toothpick. Make sure you wrap each hot dog tight enough so that the stuffing stays in, but not so tight that when the hot dog expands while cooking, the bacon would tear.
5.Coat your grill with oil so the hot dogs do not stick.Place the stuffed hot dogs on the grill stuffing side down. Grill for 2 minutes until the bacon on that side is cooked.Turn to other side, until cooked.
6. During the last minute of cooking, open up the hot dog buns and place them open side down on the grill to toast.
7. Remove toothpicks, slide into their buns and enjoy!!