This craft shows you how to turn a canning jar new or recycled into a practical pincushion.
Make a few and give as gifts!!!
Fiberfill or cotton balls
Glue gun/card stock
1. Using the lid of the jar,cut out a circle of the same size from card stock
2. Using the lid of the jar,trace around it on the wrong side of your fabric. Increase that circle radius about 1' and cut on the later circle
3. Layer the fabric, cotton balls, and lid then place the sandwich inside the band.
4. Press the lid down so that the cotton balls and fabric form the pincushion on the opposite side of the band. Check to see if you need to move the fabric to avoid creases. Make any necessary adjustments and then fold in the fabric and hot glue it to the underside of the lid.
5. Trim away any excess fabric and hot glue the card stock over the fabric edges.
6.Line the band with a small bead of glue and insert the pincushion into it, pressing firmly. Add the lid to the jar.