Surprise your taste buds by stuffing the sunny,Mediterranean flavors of pesto and sun dried tomatoes inside a pork chop. This stuffed pork chop recipe combines elegance and simplicity.
Also enjoy the applesauce recipe that follows. It's made in the microwave, fast and easy.
4 thick pork chops
1/2 cup plain croutons, slightly crushed
1/2 cup pesto sauce
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1. Mix croutons, peso sauce and tomatoes, Stuff mixture inside pork chops.
2. Bake uncovered at 325 for about 1 hour or until brown
3. Cover tightly with foil, and continue baking until done.
NOW ADD THIS TO YOUR MEAL!!!
Everyone loves applesauce, what's not to love !! It's quick and easy thanks to the microwave.
1. Cut the fruit in half place it in a 2 qt microwaveable casserole cover it and microwave on high for 12 minutes.
2. When the apples are soft,let cool a bit, and then force through a ricer into a bowl.
3. Sweeten with sugar to taste,depending on the apple variety, and season to taste with rest of ingredients.
This freezes well in jam jars to plastic containers.