This is so pretty and easy to do with all the fall leaves falling from our trees. Collect leaves of various shapes and sizes, just make sure there are not brittle.
Move the leaves all around the tablecloth to create a a border or an all over design.
Brayer or rolling pin/iron/paper towels/craft paper
1. Use a sponge brush to lightly coat the veined underside of your leaf with fabric paint.
2. Place the leaf,paint side down, onto the tablecloth. Cover the leaf with craft paper,to prevent the paint from getting on the brayer or rolling pin.
3. Roll the brayer over the paper a few times,firmly pressing the painted leaf onto the fabric. Keep the paper as still as possible.Lift up the paper and the leaf.
4. Repeat the process using a different leaf and different piece of paper for each new print.
5. Before heat setting the paint, wait 24 hours. With the pattern side down,press the cloth with an iron set at medium high. Protect your ironing board with a piece of scrap fabric.
Note... This was also used on a canvas tote bag.