Saturday, September 19, 2009

Easy Newborn Hat

For years my mother-in-law tried to teach me to knit and crochet. Well........I kind of got it , but I am a real beginner.

I found this pattern and I think I might even be able to achieve this one .

This pattern will fit newborn to 3 months.

Materials:

Knitting worsted yarn
Knitting needles size 8mm (US11)
Darning needle

Instructions:

Working with 2 strands of yarn, as though they were one, cast on 14 stitches . Knit across the row.

Knit across every row, until the rectangle measures 12 inches long.

Cast off, leaving a long yarn end

Thread the yarn end into a darning needle

Fold the rectangle in half,and sew up to form a tube. Secure at the corner with a few stitches, then weave the darning needle through one open end of the hat to form the top. Gather tightly, and take a few stitches to secure.

Sound easy ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails